Valentine’s Day – High Expectations

Valentine’s Day – High Expectations

Yay…My first blog post. I am so excited to share my journey with you.

Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone.

I had a conversation with my mum yesterday telling her how excited I used to be about Valentine’s day. When I was younger, I would be counting down the days to February 14th, Hoping all the guys that liked me would drop chocolates, cakes, perfumes,etc.

February 14th 2014, I was in Los Angeles with my husband (was my boyfriend then) and I was praying and hoping he was going to propose as he surprised me with the trip. I was so expectant and he shocked me and didn’t propose (LOL). I remember being nice to him days before and after I didn’t get the ring, I started to be mean… Fast forward, he proposed in Nigeria March 22, 2014.

IMG_1613Valentine’s day puts pressure on people in my opinion and it’s either a good or bad day based on your relationship status. The interpretation of love nowadays is “When I say I love you, you must give me something in return” which is wrong. I advise, love yourself and treat yourself if you are single. If you are married, you can either take your spouse for a romantic dinner or just sit home and give your spouse a foot rub. Don’t put pressure on yourself because you want to make someone happy. Don’t go break the bank because you want the person to be pleased with you. Simple appreciation without any monetary value attached can go a long way.

So ladies and gents, any high expectations today, Feb 14th 2016. Or what high expectations did you have for previous valentine’s day?

Outfit Details

Top – Wannifuga

Pants – Zara

Shoes – Christian Louboutins

Sunglasses – Dapmod (@Dapmod)

Photography – Bayo Lawson (@blawz)

Makeup done by Teni (@tennietouch)

12 Comments

1. Anita lawal
    February 14, 2016 / 8:50 pm

Nice! like it. Looking forward to more stuff on this blog and definitely love the style. ????

• February 15, 2016 / 7:00 pm

Thank you Anita for the feedback, made me smile.

2. Tai
    February 15, 2016 / 10:11 am

LOL.. Nice one.

I didn’t have any expectation for Vals day. My Fiance had asked me what my plans were for Sunday and I said I wanted to sleep. I’m sure he must have wondered if I was high but I was just so tired from all the stress of the week. At the end of the day, We went out for Vals and had a simple dinner and I was home in 2 hours and he gave me a gift. Lol. And I said thank you and entered the house and slept coz it wasn’t even helping that I had a cold so I might have appeared to have been in a mood.. HAHAH

Previous vals day as BF and GF had just been the same, just normal as our birthdays was our own vals day… Both of us have our birthdays in February so you can just imagine.

Nice blog!

Looking forward to more!

• February 15, 2016 / 7:04 pm

Nicely said. So many celebrations in February so definitely a month full of gifts LOL. Thank you for the feedback and can’t wait to share more with my readers.

3. Ikon
    February 16, 2016 / 7:59 am

Nice start love, you look beautiful and your style rocks……
    Love should be celebrated everyday, in every little way possible.

4. Sophia
    February 17, 2016 / 12:04 pm

Totally agree…. So much pressure to receive the things on a particular day (the 14th) which you can receive on any other day from the same person that really cares…..certainly ur style is blazing and just as great as ur personality has always been…..looking forward to more of this……

• February 17, 2016 / 2:51 pm

Thank you for the amazing feedback ????

5. May 17, 2016 / 2:24 am

Awwnn.. I love your outfit

6. February 15, 2017 / 12:43 am

Oh I’m with you on this 100% ! So much pressure and expectations. . and then a part of us gets hurt from things we planted in our heads in the first place.. Hahahaa.. Similar to what I wrote about on my blog .. You are doing an amazing work here!

• stylebytoyoc
      February 15, 2017 / 12:44 am

It’s all about the hype and the so many expectations. Thank you so much 😊